North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHRWA), who provides the water for Grant Road PUD, is recommending that districts they serve implement Stage 1 of their Drought Contingency Plans. This will go into effect August 18, 2023, and continue until notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted.
The goal is a 5% reduction in all water use and is currently voluntary. Mandatory measures may be imposed if a water shortage continues.
Please conserve water daily under the following guidelines:
1. District customers are requested to voluntarily reduce all water usage.
2. Check for and repair all leaks, including sprinkler systems, leaky faucets, and/or running toilets.
3. All outdoor water use should be avoided between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
4. Customers with even-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
5. Customers with odd-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.